Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Focus: Trish

I can't believe another week has gone by so quickly! I've been hard at work on a new pattern that I hope to publish in early September. Pattern writing is such a fun and challenging process and becoming a crochet designer is hard work! One of the best things about it is that I'm in good company. There are so many incredible designers coming up with new ideas every day. You know who has some great patterns/tutorials? Today's featured designer, Trish of Genuine Mudpie. Her imaginative objects are both whimsical and pretty. She prefers to post tutorials rather than formal patterns because she likes to focus on the creation and then share the method freely.

Who taught you to crochet? How long have you been doing it? 
My mom taught me to crochet when I was 8 for a Girl Guides project. That means I've been crocheting for 20+ years!!

Why do you crochet?
It's relaxing, straightforward, and rewarding. I can easily undo stitches and correct mistakes, and it works up much quicker than knitting. I do wish I had more patience for knitting though. 

Crochet Favorites
I love designs by Doris Chan. I'm also a big fan of Twinkie Chan and her super cute food-themed accessories. My favorite yarns at the moment are the trusty Caron Simply Soft and the gorgeous yet affordable Mary Maxim Prism.

What are you working on right now? What is your next project?   
I'm working on the Masonry Jacket, hopefully finishing it before fall arrives. [My next project is] my friend Amy's B(ias)³ scarf! :D

A few finished objects...
Katsu the Ninja Squirrel: Katsu was created for my sister to take with her to Hong Kong (she was studying there for a year). The tutorial includes instruction on how to make Katsu a felt messenger bag for his ninja stars. It's tiny but it's a pretty elaborate pattern so I'm quite proud of it :)


Sherbert the Tiny Yeti: The idea for Sherbert came during one of the biggest snow storms last year. He was very easy to make so I thought I would share the pattern. 

Pastel Dress: Aside from tiny plushes and simple accessories I've also ventured into writing patterns for simple garments. This was inspired by a chiffon dress I saw at American Apparel. The top half is crocheted with thread and the skirt is sewn. I'm wearing it to a wedding in the fall! :D


So cute! Trish has a bunch of delightful patterns and tutorials here. She's also on Ravelry, and my personal favorite pattern is this one. She also has tons of adorable tiny food patterns. Thank you for sharing your work with us today, Trish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.